Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Frozen Homemade Cinnamon Rolls


My boys (husband included) love cinnamon rolls. I don't really like the ones in the cans and I think they have a funny aftertaste. We do however, LOVE the frozen ones that you defrost. Last night I had the idea,... hello....why don't I make my own? That way the night before I want them for breakfast they can defrost overnight and are ready to cook in the morning. Here are mine straight from the freezer. I'll let you know how they turn out! If they work, I'll post the recipe as this weekend is supposed to be nice "cinnamon roll weather".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea, let me know how it goes.. Two weeks ago, I made a batch of waffles and I had WAY TOO much batter so at the end, I just kept making waffles and then I put them on a pan and stuck them in the freezer, then once they were frozen, I put them in a freezer bag. I thought that if I ever wanted a quick snack they would be good. I wasn't sure that they would turn out, but I just popped two in the toaster today and they were great. My own eggo waffles... oh, and the kids loved them for their afternoon snack.

Shaylyn said...

I flash freeze cinnamon rolls when I make a batch. Once they are frozen, I put them in a freezer bag. I pull out how many I need the night before or even the morning of if I want them in the evening and they turn out just like they were fresh cooked...and they are so much better than the canned.

Amanda said...

I love this idea too and would love to see how they turn out. So are so clever Janet!

Lisa said...

My mouth is watering! Can't wait to see how they turn out and to get my hands on this recipe!

J♥M said...

It is cinnamon roll weather! I love these ideas you come up with! I'm still a crockpot fan of yours too! Thanks for always making our lives easier! :)