Monday, November 3, 2008

What do I do with Halloween Candy?


This is the Halloween candy I purchased on clearance for $1.00 a bag. It is great to "re-package" add a clever tag and give for Christmas gifts for my children's friends.

We didn't last very long this year Trick-or-Treating as it was raining, but my kids still got their fair share of candy. As in past years, my husband and I let the kids sort their stash, pick their 5 favorites and the rest goes in a candy bowl for the family. I sort the candy bars and hard candy for cookie making for the holidays. I limit my kids to one piece per day because they get enough at school as it is. They also get a few pieces on Family Movie Night. This usually will help the candy last until next July/Aug.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just found your blog and I love it, you have the best ideas, thank you for taking the time to share with the rest of us!