Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Today on Studio 5...

Sorry I didn't get anymore close up shots of the candy skewers. My husband was the brain behind the twisted gummy rings. They really are easy and adorable to give as gifts. This is also a good way to use leftover red and white candy from Christmas, and yes I still have a bunch;) I also purchase clearance Christmas items that are red and white to use for Valentine's Day. Special thanks to my neighbor Kathy, she really saved the day with her cute plates and crystal pedestals. She made them from a glass or crystal plate with a crystal candle stick glued to the bottom which she purchased at D.I. (a thrift store in our area). They are very beautiful and useful for any occasion. Thank you!!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

where did you get the bags for the candy skewers, that is such a super cute idea!

Janet Eyring said...

I purchased the cello bags at Expedx in a 100 count bag. They are size C-2 and I folded them in thirds and taped the excess with scotch tape on the back of the bag.

Carrie Cudney said...

You always do such an amazing job! Those candy skewars are so stinkin' cute!

Melissa said...

Hi cute Janet!
I wanted to thank you for the sweet note you left on my blog...i was able to track your blog down after finding out your name and am so happy to be able to explore all of your creative ideas. I just love your segment and the amazing way you have of having fun while not spending much money at all. I would love to give you proper credit for the candy ka-bobs on my blog if you don't mind and would love to point people in the direction of your blog....please let me know if you'd rather I didn't.
So wonderful to hear from you and thanks again.
Melissa Phillips

Babydoll said...

These are adorable! I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks for the cute ideas. :)