Monday, September 15, 2008

My Coupon Filing System...

Whew, it's been a long time it seems since I have updated. I guess I enjoyed my weekend away a little too much!

Back to business....

I wanted to show you the filing system that I use for keeping my coupons "organized". This system may not be ideal for you, or maybe you already have something that works, but it seems there are a lot of "newbies" out there, too. I hope this helps.

Firstly, I have a coupon binder for all my "loose" coupons (from magazines, ones I have clipped, from the mail, tear pads, printed coupons, etc.)

I have the binder divided into sections based on the aisles at the stores I frequent (frozen, produce, dairy, deli, etc.) I use 4 x 6 photo holders as the pockets for my binder pages. I have used baseball card pocket pages in the past, but found that they were such small pockets I had to fold my coupons and that made it hard to "see" what coupons I had to use. With the 4 x 6 pockets, they are wide enough for me to see the entire coupon at once.


I also use a file system.


I have hanging file folders for each month, and each coupon insert. Example: July SS = July Smart Source, July RP = July Red Plum.
I keep each week's coupon insert(s) in a plastic sheet protector, for ease of organization. For example if I need a coupon that came in the July 16th Red Plum insert, I can pull out just that date's packet from the file and easily find the coupon I need.

Since there are multiple coupon inserts that come each month, I also write the date on the front cover of the insert as I put it in the sheet protector.

Just thought I would share in the hopes it helps someone else to get organized and make the most out of couponing!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for all the info. I am always curious to see what others use. I find that I need to clip all my coupons and file them in my folder, that way I have them, in case I come across a deal at the store.

And by the way I loved the meatball soup recipe on Studio 5 this morning and will be trying soon!