Friday, November 7, 2008

Dollar Tree Neighbor Gifts


I love Dollar Tree and the bargains that are usually found there. HOWEVER, not everything is a bargain, just because it is $1.00. Many things found there can be found cheaper with the use of a store sale and coupon. Today I purchased these aluminum containers I am going to use for holiday gift giving. The round containers have four per pack and the rectagular ones have 3 per pack. Both are $1.00. As money is tight, many extra things go out the window or put on the back burner, including neighbor gifts.

I enjoy giving something even if it is little. I made Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls today and just to make sure this works, I let some raise and the rest I put in the freezer. The containers have a cardstock lid that can be decorated on one side. When I have some decorated for the holidays I will post those as well. Once the rolls are frozen solid, I am going to vacuum pack 4-6 rolls and then put them in the tin. When I deliver them, I will put a tag on it for thawing, raising, and baking. These can be made well ahead of the busy holliday season as well. This gift is perfect for empty nesters, newlyweds, small families, or anyone watching their weight because it is automatic portion control.

P.S. I shopped at the Dollar Tree on State Street in Orem.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You are so clever! I want your recipe for the pumpkin cinnamon rolls - they look delicious - would you post that too? How did you vacuum pack them? What tool did you use? I would love to do something fun like this for my neighbors too. Can I bug you for one more thing? Will you also post the instructions for thawing, raising and baking? :) Please....

Lisa said...

I need this recipe!

Anonymous said...

I too would like to know how to shrink rap & directions. Thanks.